E6 Connect Updates
Get the latest version of E6 Connect
Version Release Notes
- Added Best Ball as a new Mode of Play for licenses that are authorized for it.
- Added the ability to drag the Aim Marker.
- Added Czech (Čeština) as a new language option.
- Added in new Japanese translations.
- Added new features into the License Menu seen when choosing a license to bind to the device. Licenses can now be filtered by Unbound, Bound, or All Licenses, and an abbreviated list of the selected license’s content is now shown on the right pane.
- Added in Auto Detect functionality for TruGolf systems and future ones that will support it. By default, the tracking system will now detect and report the club used, as signified by the Auto button (“A”) on the HUD next to the player score. Players may opt to have Caddy Select recommend a club for the next stroke, which will then revert to Auto Detect on the next turn.
- Added a new Settings option, Auto Content Updates. This can be used to set a time frame to automatically download and update courses while in the main menus if no activity is detected. Default state: Off.
- Blackout: Added sounds for the seagull.
- FlightScope: Added a Recalibrate button in the Pause Menu.
- Putting Modes (such as Gimme, Autoscore, etc.) now occur after the Post Shot Menu is closed, allowing the ability to use Mulligan or Rehit if needed.
- OpenAL is no longer installed with E6 Connect, as it’s no longer needed.
- Options in the Settings Menu that don’t apply to the game mode being set up currently are now disabled, which should help streamline the round customization process. For example, you won’t be able to change the Pin Position or Putting Mode for any Games as they aren’t needed for those modes. All settings are still available when accessed from the Main Menu.
- Modified the Edit Display Name Menu to provide instructions for which characters are valid and an error message that appears if the user attempts to save the Display Name with invalid characters.
- Changed the Booth Dimensions menu to display in separate feet and inches steppers.
- The Booth Dimensions options Screen Width/Height can no longer exceed Booth Width/Height.
- Changed “Bound to Client” to “Bound to Device” in the License Menu for clarity.
- Significantly dampened the effect of soft collisions causing the ball to deflect or change direction.
- Chip & Putt: Regular HUD elements are now toggled off while placing the ball or flag.
- Closest to the Pin/Long Drive: Attempts now count down like they do in Blackout and Darts instead of counting up.
- Darts: The score now updates live upon ball impact, as it does in Blackout.
- Practice: The Deviation and Dispersion player stats now toggle between Rollout and Impact data tables every five seconds.
- FlightScope: Updated the Configuration screen to display the firmware versions for the device when it’s connected.
- FlightScope: Changing modes now relevels the device.
- FlightScope: Changed the default hitting mode from Indoor to Short Indoor.
- FlightScope: Modified the chipping threshold to 25 meters (82.02 feet). It was 40 yards (120 feet) previously.
- FlightScope: Changed the name from FlightScope X3 to FlightScope in the Tracking System list in the Settings Menu.
- TruFlight 2: Changed the name from TruFlight II to TruFlight 2 in the Tracking System list in the Settings Menu.
- Fixed the collisions for pine trees so that they don’t dampen the ball so aggressively during flight.
- Fixed the terrain type of many tee boxes to report as Tee instead of Fairway.
- Repositioned the Wind Indicator to not overlap other HUD information in Chip & Putt.
- Fixed Demo Flybys returning to the Main Menu instead of the Settings Menu after being run manually.
- Fixed Demo Flybys being able to trigger while a course download is in progress.
- Fixed Demo Flybys attempting to load a course that is not authorized and subsequently failing.
- Fixed the Download All button in the Courses Menu to no longer be active when a download is in progress.
- Fixed the course file size showing the wrong total size when resuming a paused download.
- Fixed the License Expiration Calendar widget (next to the Home button) reporting as a negative value.
- Fixed resetting Video Settings to defaults so that it correctly sets the display mode back to Full Screen as well.
- Fixed the side spin arrow to show the correct spin direction on the ball graphic in the Post Shot Menu.
- Fixed the Club Face in the Post Shot Menu to report the correct open and closed positions for left-handed golfers.
- Fixed the Putting Arrow and Terrain Grid turning on before and during the Post Shot Menu.
- Fixed the Putting Arrow being able to draw from the Tee Box or other Greens in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue where skipping a player could cause the distance to the Aim Marker to show incorrect values.
- Blackout/Darts: Fixed being able to click the terrain and pause button when the “Are You Ready?” dialog is up.
- Blackout/Darts: Fixed the “Are You Ready?” dialog appearing over Demo Flybys if launched after a Blackout or Darts round.
- Blackout/Darts: Fixed a minor bug where the aim line and reset button could potentially be visible during a shot.
- Chip & Putt: Fixed the shot counter in Chip & Putt modes from being increased by an additional point if a Putting Mode was triggered (such as Gimme or Autoscore).
- Darts: Resolved rounds sometimes not ending after the timer runs out.
- Darts: Fixed being able to take more shots than the number of given attempts permitted.
- TruTrack: Fixed the selected mat type not selecting after importing a tracking XML file from E6Golf 1.6.
- TruFlight 2: Fixed shots being given incorrect and extreme club path angles.
- Added a button to download all courses in the Course List. The courses that will download will depend on the current course filter; for example, using Download All in the Downloaded Courses filter will limit to just downloading courses with updates.
- Added the ability to pause a course download. Using the Pause button will stop the download process, allowing you to resume downloading courses later.
- Added the option to exit to the Main Menu when exiting a round; by default, exiting now returns you to the previous round setup page. Round options are kept if you don’t return to the Main Menu.
- Added a Help & Info section to the Settings Menu which provides app version info, brief license info, and support info.
- Added Deviation and Dispersion to the shot data table in Practice.
- Added in a new Comet Tracer in the Profile Settings as the default tracer. The old tracer has been renamed to Echo Tracer.
- Added a loading animation to the loading screens.
- Added a new Putting Arrow option found in Profile Settings, Align Break, which automatically aims to account for the break on the green. This is the new default option for Profiles.
- Added a distance indicator to the Aim Marker to show the distance and elevation difference between the ball and marker.
- Added a camera function where if the camera gets stuck trying to move into position, it should be forced into a good location to avoid more severe potential issues.
- Added an option for FXAA (Fast approximate anti-aliasing) to the Color Adjustment menu to help smooth the in-game visuals (especially distant objects) with minimal system impact. This is disabled by default; access it from the in-round Settings menu under Video > Adjust Color.
- TruFlight: Added a Download button that leads to the website to download the latest TruFlight Utilities installer.
- TruFlight 2: Added ‘Added UsePath3Detection’ to the tracking XML file.
- TruTrack 2 & TruFlight: Added a diagnostics menu that can be accessed from the tracking system’s Configure menu and the in-game Pause Menu.
- Online Play: Added mouse wheel scrolling functionality to the lobby chat box.
- Changed the Courses Menu to list courses that are authorized on the license first, followed by courses that are not authorized at the bottom.
- Modified the physics to allow the ball to roll when colliding with objects (instead of just the terrain).
- Expanded the HUD and Post Shot Menu to now display the total score relative to par (in parentheses) in addition to the score for the current hole that was already shown.
- Changed the HUD leaderboard in Games to even show when there’s only one player.
- Improved the menu transitions to be more smooth.
- Renamed the Advanced video setting to Adjust Color; this submenu is now only accessible in-game.
- Disabled changing the following Golf Settings while in-game: Mulligans, Putting Mode, and Terrain Penalty.
- Expanded the Putting Grid to display when the ball is within 40 feet of the green instead of only when on the green.
- Elevation now shows in feet and inches instead of using tenths of a foot. This applies to the HUD, Aim Marker, Pin Indicator, and Post Shot Menu.
- Demo Flybys should now return you to the menu that it was activated from.
- Changed the Tracking System menu to a dynamic scrollbar list instead of list pages.
- Improved the descriptions for each Putting Mode under Golf Settings, which now also display individually per selected option.
- Renamed Penalty to Terrain Penalty under Golf Settings and improved its description.
- Renamed all instances of ‘Caddy’ to ‘Caddie’.
- Removed ‘Booth Camera Offset 1’ and ‘Booth Camera Offset 2’ from Booth Dimensions in the Settings Menu.
- Modified the appearance of all scrollbars.
- Added an exit confirmation dialog when selecting to update E6 Connect in the Update Available menu.
- Changed the default video setting to Full Screen.
- The in-round scorecard now displays the current Game Mode.
- Practice: Resetting the shot data will now only reset the current player’s data.
- Online Play: Players must now have the same version of E6 Connect and the course file to play together.
- Online Play: Disabled the ability to change a player’s display name in the middle of a round.
- TruTrack 2: Renamed ‘Ball On Screen Distance’ option to ‘Chip & Putt Distance’ in the Configure Menu.
- TruTrack 2: Replaced ‘Gain Crossover’ option with ‘Acoustic Environment’, which lets you toggle between Normal and Echo.
- TruTrack 2: Ball on Screen now will not activate until an obstruction is detected or if the pin is too close to show on the screen.
- Fixed some issues with physics: soft collisions (such as bushes, fairway, green) reduce ball spin significantly more now, and plants have more drag on the ball.
- Fixed the Match Timer appearing during Demo Flybys.
- Fixed Mulligans being able to go below zero.
- Fixed the Download button still being active while downloading or updating a course.
- Fixed the Pin Indicator profile setting so that it no longer shows during ball flight when set to Auto.
- Fixed an issue where the application would crash if a connection to the internet was lost while downloading a course.
- Fixed the Download or Update button being available to click while downloading a course.
- Fixed a visual bug where the downloaded amount would be added to the total file size when resuming a partially downloaded course.
- Fixed the Courses Menu and Scorecard not properly displaying course length in metric.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong error message appeared when attempting to log in with no internet connection.
- Fixed the License Expiration Widget to only appear on the Main Menus if the license is expiring in less than 90 days.
- Fixed sometimes being able to activate menu buttons while still in the loading screen.
- Fixed a minor visual bug where a button’s selected state could persist when using a touch screen monitor.
- Fixed the Booth Center Offset setting in Booth Dimensions to behave as expected for simulators with offset tees.
- Fixed audio settings not reverting back to previous values after exiting from Settings Menu without saving changes.
- Online Play: Fixed the Ready Indicator still appearing when it isn’t the player’s turn.
- Online Play: Fixed the lobby chat box cutting some messages short.
- Online Play: Fixed the Putting Mode setting not syncing between all devices.
- Online Play: Fixed the Ready Indicator showing up when it’s not the players turn.
- TruFlight: Added some fixes to reduce the chances of accidentally sending a shot when waggling.
- TruFlight & TruFlight 2: Fixed a crash when only one camera initialized or was plugged in.
- Update for TruFlight 2 customers only. Includes improvements to TruFlight 2’s club detection and processing time.
- TruFlight 2: Added an iron club marking scheme.
- TruFlight 2: Added a strobe feature.
- TruFlight 2: Fixed the issue of some shots sending with a zero launch angle.
- TruFlight 2: Fixed a crash in Connect when loading with only one TruFlight 2 camera initialized.
- Added 15 new courses to E6 Connect:
Bethpage Black Stake Park, Cambrian Ridge, Covered Bridge Golf Club, Frankfurter Golf Club, The Gallery Golf Club, Junior Challenge, Kuala Lumpur West, Le Grand George, Le Sorcier Golf Club, Paradise Palms, PGA National Champion Course, Pinehurst #2, Prairie Dunes Country Club, Sea Island Seaside, and Superstition Mountain.
- Added a Color Adjustment option in Settings > System Config > Video > Advanced. This can be used to tweak the in-round visuals to your personal preference.
- Added the ability to renew a license if already bound. This can help prevent having to unbind and rebind manually if the license becomes disconnected and requires logging in again.
- Added a ball and club animation to the Post Shot.
- Added info to the Mode of Play menu that indicates the minimum number of players required for that mode.
- Practice Range: Added a feature where the last 100 shot balls show on the Driving Range. This doesn’t apply to Chip & Putt modes.
- Practice Range: Added distance markers to the Driving Ranges. This feature is not yet available in Metric, only Imperial.
- Improved the object and course lighting for more realistic visuals.
- The License Menu now lists all licenses on the account, even ones that are already bound to a device.
- The Post Shot/Analyzer no longer counts down if viewed again from the Pause Menu.
- The Post Shot/Analyzer can now be viewed from the Pause Menu during anyone’s turn (even if the player hasn’t taken a first shot).
- Removed the Windows error message that would appear if no audio devices were detected on the PC when starting Connect.
- Disabled access to the Match Timer setting while in a round.
- TruFlight: If the Config Utility is already running but behind Connect, clicking the Launch button in TruFlight’s Configure menu brings it back to the front.
- Fixed some issues to help prevent course downloads from sometimes failing at the end of the download; please contact us if you continue to have issues.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if Demo Flybys launched when there were 8 players in the Player Roster.
- Fixed the Next button being available after a course failed to download.
- Fixed the issue with the Top View not correctly showing the entire hole if the hole was too wide.
- Fixed a minor visual bug on the Profile Image selection menu found during the Create Profile wizard where the default highlighted image didn’t match the selected image.
- Fixed an issue where players exceeding 6 would bleed out of the list in the Players Menu.
- Returning to the Courses Menu during round setup now stays on the selected course instead of resetting to the top of the list.
- Deleting a course also now stays on the selected course instead of resetting to the top of the list.
- Fixed Holes to Play selections being reset after returning from the Round Settings menu.
- Fixed Profiles not updating the Display Name or Profile Image if the change was made on the web.
- Fixed the Aim Marker’s distance to the pin not updating live during ball flight on the Top View.
- Fixed pending Audio settings saving and applying even though the changes were canceled.
- Fixed an issue where switching from Custom Elevation to Course Elevation would not be applied until Connect was restarted.
- Moved the Reset Aim button because it was overlapping the Ready Indicator.
- Fixed the cup physics to prevent really fast putts from going into the hole.
- Online Play: Fixed the Gimme putting mode not working correctly in online rounds.
- Online Play: Fixed the Ball Lie field saying “None” on non-active players’ Post Shot menus.
- Practice Range: Fixed the Reset Shot Data button not clearing the shot count on the Player HUD.
- Blackout: Fixed a bug where the Classic camera mode that’s used could be overridden by a player’s own camera setting.
- Darts: Removed the decimal value from the score displays since only whole numbers are used.
- TruTrack 2: Fixed the stutter that occurs when setting your tracking system to TruTrack 2 in Settings.
- TruTrack 2: Fixed custom configuration values being saved even though the changes were canceled.
- TruTrack 2: Fixed Chip & Putt
- TruTrack 2: Fixed saved and imported values in TruTrack.xml so they’re rounded more precisely. This makes values easier to read and doesn’t affect detection/shot accuracy.
- Plants now have a slight animation when the Wind is set to None.
- Added the total course file size and downloaded amount to the lower-left corner of the Courses menu.
- Added connected, disconnected, and device not found messages for integrated tracking systems.
- Added a Leaderboard to the HUD in Closest to the Pin and Long Drive.
- Added Main Menu music toggle button to Audio Settings.
- Added a ready confirmation dialog at the start of Games with a timer (Blackout and Darts) to prevent a round from starting before the first player up is ready.
- Adjusted the contrast of the sky textures.
- Updated the Main Menu music with a more mellow version.
- Changed the list of Window Size choices in Video Settings to show the monitor’s supported resolutions.
- Added a new hybrid measurement setting: Metric/MPH. Distances are shown in metric and speed is shown in imperial.
- Rehit, Mulligan, and Drop Ball can no longer be used in direct succession.
- Chip & Putt: The ball should no longer be able to be placed in or on an object.
- Club Select is now available in Games.
- Added a drop shadow and upscaled the text for Connect’s version on the main menu for improved visibility.
- Returning from a tracking system’s configuration menu will now bring you to the Simulator tab instead of at the top of the Settings menu.
- Fixed the blurring of mid-range and distant objects so that they can appear sharper and more detailed.
- Fixed a few issues with course downloads failing, being unable to resume the download, or not loading after appearing to be finished.
- Fixed an issue where Games weren’t honoring the Tee Box chosen during round setup, so each player’s tee box setting was being used instead.
- Fixed an issue where some settings changes made mid-round would not apply.
- Fixed some issues with Connect losing its license authentication, which would effectively force the user to have to unbind and rebind the license.
- Fixed a bug where switching the display’s resolution in Windows would cause rendering issues in Connect while in full screen.
- Fixed Mulligans not activating when triggered from the Post Shot menu or the Out of Bounds menu.
- Fixed Mulligans being able to go into the negatives.
- Fixed the Mulligan button possibly being visible during a Hole Preview/flyby.
- Fixed the Post Shot incorrectly reporting Smash Factor as Club Path Angle.
- Fixed the camera to not teleport to the ball in Trail and Ball camera modes, as this behavior was intended for only Classic and Stationary modes.
- Fixed the Ball Speed, Club Speed, and Wind Speed not properly displaying in metric units when set to Metric.
- Fixed the Leaderboard in Games showing placeholder Player Name and Score text if viewed when players had no points yet.
- Assorted fixes in localizations: spelling, grammar, general wording, missing strings.
- Online Play: Several small fixes, most notably a fix to “inside x feet” Gimme modes not working.
- TruFlight: Corrected the file path for the configuration utility’s Launch button.
- TruTrack: Fixed the Import button so that it correctly loads the configuration from E6 1.6.
Initial E6 Connect Software Release. Enjoy!