Sea Island Seaside Course
Seaside: Home of the RSM Classic
This week we’re off to Sea Island, Georgia, to visit one of its many PGA Tour stop courses. The Seaside Course at Sea Island Resort is home to the RSM Classic, and is a must-play for any serious golfer. Seaside is a links style course that features ocean views and complex greens. This challenging course rewards players who carefully select their shots and who have the ability to recover as they wind through the marsh and forest.
- Seaside is one of three 18-hole championship courses at Sea Island Resort.
- The Retreat Course was designed by Davis Love III and Mark Love.
- Sea Island Resort was rated the 4 of 75 of the Best Golf Resorts in the U.S.
- Each year the Seaside Course and Davis Love III host The RSM Classic. Now in its sixth year, the tournament has raised more than $2.7 million for charity.
- The Seaside Course was built in 1929. It was designed by famed architects Harry S. Colt and Charles Alison. In 1999, it was redesigned by Tom Fazio and has ever since been ranked prominently in Golf Digest’s “Top 100 Courses in the United States List.”
- Tidal creeks, dunes, salt marshes, and the St. Simons Sound surround the course, giving it the feel of a traditional Scottish links course.
TruGolf’s Pick to win: Kevin Kisner
RSM Classic Previous Champions: Heath Slocum, Ben Crane, Tommy Gainey, Chris Kirk.