Raven Golf Club Phoenix
Formerly Known as Raven at South Mountain
This week, Five Facts Friday is headed to Arizona, a state known for its desert style golf courses and year-round play. We will be looking at Raven Golf Club Phoenix, formerly known as Raven at South Mountain, where players are tested by large, multi-tiered greens and over 6,000 Georgia Pine Trees.
- Raven Golf Club Phoenix was awarded 4.5 stars by Golf Digest in its list of “Best Places to Play”
- Designed by Gary Panks and David Graham, this course has been ranked as one of the top publicly owned and operated golf courses in the country.
- Constructed in 1995, over 700,000 cubic feet of soil was moved to build this non-traditional course in the desert.
- The course’s unique design includes: 6,000 Georgia Pine Trees and large multi-tiered greens that are considered a “must play,” for any serious golfer.
- Remember that video of Bubba Watson’s hovercraft, the BW1? Its maiden voyage was taken at Raven Golf Club Phoenix.