Losby Golf and Country Club
This week, we are taking a closer look at a Norwegian masterpiece designed by Peter Nordwall. Losby Golf and Country Club, located 20 minutes outside of Oslo, is a high-end, 27-hole golf complex. The course plays alongside the River Losby, and is located in what used to be the thriving center for the timber trade.
- The Losby Golf and Country Club was designed by Peter Nordwall in the late 1990s. Nordwall is known for his breathtaking golf course design throughout Scandinavia.
- Nordwall designed the course around the River Losby – water cuts in and out of the course making tee-shots and approaches intimidating.
- Losby hosted the European Ladies Tour SAS Masters.
- The signature hole, “Finnland,” is a short 336 yard par four. The River Losby runs down the right side of the fairway and cuts in front of the green, making both the tee shot and approach shot difficult.
- The course was rated Top 10 best courses in Norway, and has been featured as one of the top golf courses in Europe.