Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club
FOR BIRDIES AND BALL STRIKERS
E6Golf is headed to Malysia, to explore Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club. This track is considered to be the best in Malaysia, and is home of PGA and LPGA tournaments. The intricate design of the course provides a number of risk and reward holes, it cannot be overpowered, and always rewards good ball strikers.
1. The course record is held by Ryan Moore, who shot a 63. Moore is a two-time champion at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club, and is looking to complete a hat trick at the 2015 CIMB Championship.
2. The course hosted the Maybank Malaysian Open in 2006 and 2010.
3. The course is a popular stop on the LPGA Tour and has hosted the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia since 2010.
4. The course and its affiliated events have seen champions go low
- Sime Darby LPGA:
- In 2013 Lexi Thompson won at -19
- In 2014 Shanshan Feng won with -18
- In 2015, Jessica Corda secured victory with -18.
- In 2011, Bo Van Pelt won with -23
- In 2012, Nick Watney won with -22
- In 2013, Ryan Moore won with -14
- In 2014 Ryan Moore won with -17
5. The CIMB Classic was the first event ever sanctioned by the PGA Tour in Southeast Asia. It considered a co-sanctioned, money event, by the Asian tour and the PGA Tour.