King & Bear Golf Course
Because Golf Is More than Just a Game
This week we visit the legendary King and Bear golf course in St. Augustine, Florida. This course, co-designed by Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer is set among pristine lakes, Loblolly pines, and has attracted golfers from around the world. The stately oak trees provide the character and charm players have come to expect from courses in northern Florida, with the design elements players have come to expect from both the Nicklaus and Palmer.
- This is the only course that was collaborated on by Hall of Fame players, and legendary course architects, Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.
- Arnold Palmer selected number 15 as one of his “Dream 18,” holes in Sports Illustrated.
- It’s not surprise that Palmer and Nicklaus, known for prodigious length, made King and Bear a driver friendly course.
- Both Palmer and Nicklaus wanted to highlight the natural beauty of northern Florida; the back 9 prominently features ancient live oaks, indigenous coquina rock, and numerous water features.
- The course will challenge and intrigue golfers of any and all skill levels. It features wide fairways, courtesy of Nicklaus, and fast greens from Palmer.