Frankfurter Golf Club
One of Germany’s Oldest Golf Clubs
This week we’re headed to a world-class track in Germany. The Frankfurter Golf Club is located 10 minutes outside of Frankfurt’s city boundaries in a dense and secluded forest. The course is known for its tree-lined fairways and a lovely view of the Frankfurt skyline at the 18th hole, this course is considered a “must play,” when traveling through Germany.
This course is ranked number 7 (up eight spots) on the list of 100 Best Golf Courses in Germany published in 2016. (http://www.top100golfcourses.co.uk/htmlsite/story.asp?id=643)
- The original 18-hole course was built in 1928 by Stanley Thompson, one of Canada’s most famed course architects.
- In 1989, 9-holes were added. This addition was designed by Cornish and Robinson.
- Many players, both amateurs and professionals, have described an optical illusion created by the surrounding mountains adding to the challenge of play.
- The hotel that accompanies the course was opened in 1888 as one of Canada’s Grant Railway Hotels.
- The Fairmont at Banff Springs has been affectionately nicknamed, “The Castle in the Rockies.” The architectural style is that of Scottish Baronial which is defined by: uneven roof lines, gables, and small turrets called bartizans.
With E6Golf, the beautiful views and championship golf of Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course are available in your home or indoor golf facility.