Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course
The Exceptional Colorado Golf Experience
This week we are headed to the Columbine State to get a closer look at one of the most beautiful mountain courses ever designed. Castle Pines in Castle Rock, Colorado, was designed to follow the natural contour of the land and complements the densely wooded area it was built in. If you’re looking for a challenging course, look no further than Castle Pines.
- The course was designed by Jack Nicklaus in 1986. It is classified as a Jack Nicklaus Signature.
- The elevation of the course averages 6,300 feet above sea level!
- The INTERNATIONAL, a PGA tour event, was played at Castle Pines Golf Club from 1986 to 2006.
- The INTERNATIONAL was only PGA Tour event to use the Modified Stableford scoring system.
- Castle Pines Golf Club’s “Panorama Bar” was voted “The Best 19th Hole In Golf,” by Sports Illustrated Golf
- Dean Wilson, 2006
- Retief Goosen, 2005
- Rod Pampling, 2004
- Davis Love III, 2003
- Rich Beem, 2002
- Tom Pernice, Jr., 2001
- Ernie Els, 2000
- David Toms, 1999
- Vijay Singh, 1998
- Phil Mickelson, 1997